About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years day and #janathon!

Had a late night last night.... And a house full of people.

image

Talk about a perfect way to start the new year!  I only partook of a couple glasses of wine, so all I was this morning was tired and I am definitely OK with this.  My poor wife has been fighting a massive headache the last few days and it certainly doesn't approve of the late night.  The joy of half a hangover but without the enjoyable alcohol feeling from the night before.

She got ripped off if you ask me.  All the pain, but none of the gain...

After waking up this morning - I thought that a 5k (since I had signed up for a virtual one) was a great way to start off Janathon!  I found a Resolution Run up in Baltimore, and headed up there.

Nice race!  I won't go into it to much, as I did a "Race Recap" report.  But I enjoyed it, and came across the finish line around 26:20 - with negative splits the whole way.   My calves have noticed the exertion (wore the VFFs) but they aren't complaining to bad.

I've also returned to watching my calories, and am waaaaaay ahead for the day!

I think this is a great start to the New Year, and a fantastic beginning to Janathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment