About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

#janathon - Day 9

drwhoDay 9 of Janathon COMPLETE!!!! I had to head into work early today, and back late (although it was late due to a truely lovely dinner. I have to admit, I did not follow my diet for dinner.)  I have been getting hassled by Max for not giving my impressions of the Altra Zero Drop running shoes I got yesterday, so my Janathon run was going to need to be something a bit more trying than my 3 miles in 45 minutes from last night.

I was in a hurry, so I headed down to the treadmill.  Rather than my leisurely 10 minute mile that I have a tendency to do there (I admit it.. the treadmill makes me lazy..)  I figured 7mph should be about right, considering what I have been doing out side and it had the added bonus, that 3 miles would be the perfect distance to finish up the TV show (Dr. Who.) I was watching.

Sorry for the short posting, just an update on Janathon!

9 comments:

  1. Leisurely 10 mph???? I feel like a turtle now. I'll just crawl back into my shell....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops! Meant 10 minute mile/6mph! 10 mph is a speed I saw in h8ghschool and will never see again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Dr Who!! I would have done 40mph and got away from it as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! I thought you were superhuman there for a minute! 6mph is still fast for me but at least I could pretend I could reach it. And I like Dr. Who. I liked it best when Tom Baker was the Dr, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying the new ones out. I loved the Tom Baker ones back when i was a kid.. The new ones are.. ok.. not good, but ok so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I have a bunch of friends that recommended it, so I am giving it a shot. I enjoyed the old ones when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only run in them TWICE!!! I don't think that is enough to give a fair review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I got my Altras, I knew it was love at first run ;)

    ReplyDelete