About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Sunday, January 6, 2013

#janathon - Day 6 - The "rest" run.

Another gorgeous day here in Crofton, MD.  The temperature was a gorgeous 50 degrees.   Since I have just moved here, I have no idea if this is normal winter weather or not - but I am certainly enjoying it!  Two days outside in a row!

aberdeenloopToday is a "rest" day, so I figured a mile or so would be good.  My shortest look is around 1.5 miles, so I figured I would just go out and run it slowly.

Oops.

My first mile was done at an 8:29 pace, and the second .6 of a mile was done at 8:36.

While I know that an 8:30 mile is an easy pace for many runners, for me?  Well, I guess I didn't really run it "easy" considering my treadmill pace is 9:00 - 10:00.

Temperature was perfect though, and I can say I enjoyed every moment of it.  I even tried to slow down after my first mile - but it apparently didn't hold for long.   I blame the fact that I know I will be on the treadmill for the next five days - simply due to the temperature that early, combined with the darkness.

I did get a bright new orange running jacket for today's workout - which my photographer (my daughter today) was nice enough to snap some pictures of me! As you can see, It was also a Vibram Five Fingers run day!

[caption id="attachment_2197" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Coming... Coming...[/caption]

and

[caption id="attachment_2198" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Going Going[/caption]

My wife was at home doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. After she finished, we both did 20 minutes of Yoga.

1 comment:

  1. 50 degree weather is perfect for running! The days we had 55 degrees early in the morning in Miami were definitely taken advantage off.

    ReplyDelete