About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Running for cake

BIRTHDAYS!!!!!!  Always a fun, fun time... Joy, Presents, Cake and... Calories!

So, with that in mind, I planned ahead (how uncharacteristic of me!)  and got a run in before dinner.  Not far, as there was a time constraint - but a quick 3 miles.  My KT Tape was in to its 4th day, and I do think it has lost some of its effectiveness,  Perhaps it stretched out?  But my plantar fascia is tight today, but not painful, so it seems to still be working.. Or the intense stretching is..

7augpace

I averaged around an 8:30 pace - which I was quite pleased with.. The humidity was BAD!!  I looked like I had run in a rainstorm when I got home (how is THAT for a disgusting mental picture?)  It's probably one of the better "fast" runs I have had in a while, no moments of absolute agony (and wondering if it would be easier to die, than to finish the run) that I recall.  Again, considering the humidity - I am VERY pleased with it!

[caption id="attachment_2876" align="aligncenter" width="343"]This cake is just as good as it looks! This cake is just as good as it looks![/caption]

But with the proper planning (Which I discussed yesterday), I was able to go into dinner and have a wonderful, yet healthyish (and within my caloric intake).  I had  turkey, Mashed Potatoes (and gravy) and Dill Potatoes!  The total Calories of 970 including cake and ice cream (480 of it!)

With my run - I came in 451 calories UNDER my daily limit, while still being able to celebrate with my family!  This planning thing works out pretty well!

Now we will see how I do with a trip back up to NY, and a 20 year class reunion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment