About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Comfey Bed

bed1The alarm goes off.. bright chirping noises.. I think to myself - Can I run tonight instead? No... The parents are coming..  But its 5, and I don't leave for work until 7:30.. I can just get up when my wife's alarm goes off...

Another chirping... damn, hit snooze, not dismiss....

Sweet sinking into the soft fluffy pillow, while my warm dreams, like my blankets - comfort me...

Loud buzzing like noise  - my wife's alarm.. Now its 6..  (bed is soooo warm and bed2cuddly) I know she has physical therapy, so I will get out of bed when she does.. Then I look Like I am supporting her!  BONUS!

Umm.. Wife isn't getting out of bed.  Its 6:20.. (Bed is still super comfortable..)  Wonder what is going on?

6:30....  "Dear, don't you have PT?'  "Nope"  oh...

6:45...  fluffly pillow?  Heaven...

7:00... time to get up and iron...

bed3Umm... Guess I will run after the parents return to the hotel room?

 

Thinking of Comfy Beds and Hotel Rooms, there are many people that do not have either of these luxuries available to them.  Lets help change that!

Please consider donating to my Help the Homeless fundraiser for Volunteers of America Chesapeake’s homeless services.

logoThe fundraiser is through the Fannie Mae – “Help the Homeless” walk program, which means they match every dollar you donate, with a dollar. So even a $5.00 donation immediately doubles in size and makes a difference!

If you want to read more about the good works of Volunteers of America Chesapeake, you can check out their blog!

 

Please show that you too are “Called to Care”, by donating

2 comments:

  1. I do this every morning almost. Grrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh.. Me too... I would like morning so much better - if they started later...

    ReplyDelete