About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, August 22, 2013

A day behind, but still running!

So, it seems I never found the opportunity for yesterday's blog posting.  Just an indicator that life is NOT slowing down, especially with the kids coming school year!   BUT,I am not letting that derail my plans!  Yesterday I even exercised BEFORE work.. But Since I am a day behind - that is getting ahead of myself.

Back to Tuesday.  After work I had a short run on the schedule.  You might recall that my current plans had the short runs at 4 miles these days.

820overview

Holy crap did I do it fast.   I had started out and I was NOT feeling like I was moving quickly.  My legs were tired, and I felt like the run was going to be a slow one.  I wasn't concerned with that - as I was still feeling high and mighty from my 11 mile run success!

When my first mile came in at a 8:48 mile, I was VERY pleasantly surprised.  I certainly didn't feel like a sub-9 mile!  I kept at a comfy feeling pace, without worrying about what he pace was..

Then my phone told me it was a 6:40 mile.

umm... what?

820pace

That seemed.. unreal to me. I can't remember when the last time I ran a 6:40 mile.  It was the same place that my phone usually tells me I hit two miles, and

[caption id="attachment_2934" align="alignright" width="141"]This is totally how I felt after finishing a four mile run that included a sub-7 minute mile. This is totally how I felt after finishing a four mile run that included a sub-7 minute mile.[/caption]

both mapmyrun.com and dailymile.com put it at the two mile point.   Most interesting part - is this mile has an elevation gain to it.

Weird... But cool!

I finished out the next two miles, though I slowed by two minutes (I suspect shock) in my third mile, but mile 4 was a very respectable 8:08.

I am still not sure how I pulled a sub-seven minute mile though.

Yesterday was NOT a running day.. My legs were sore (probably due to that second mile  I keep mentioning over and over), so it was going to be a weight training day.  I was up before work and got in a great back/bi workout on the Bowflex!  This worked our really well as we did our back to school shopping last night!

Tonight should be a nice mid-range run.. If I have the energy.  My wife bought me a new book and I foolishly started reading it at 8 pm.  I finished it at 3:30 am.  I am not one of those people that can read "until I get tired..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you donated to help the homeless yet?  Any amount helps - AND enters you in to win a prize from my raffle! New Items being announced this weekend in the raffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment