About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Friday, March 9, 2012

Run like the Cylons are chasing you..

[caption id="attachment_1290" align="alignright" width="640" caption="How fast could you run if THIS was chasing you?"][/caption]

So, with last night being thursday - My wife and child headed off to Girl Scouts. (I hope you realize I mean my girl-child, not my boy-child).  This meant it was going to be a workout in my own personal gym (the playroom.)  So, A nice and easy 1 mile warm up followed by a WONDERFUL Chest and Tri workout.  I needed to do a longer run after my work out - but

[caption id="attachment_1291" align="alignright" width="219" caption="Would this cyclon make you run faster or slower if you were being chased?"][/caption]

was stuck on a treadmill.  I decided to find out if my daughter's Kindle Fire had a big enough screen to enjoy while running on a treadmill.  5 miles later, I was one hour further along in my watching of the BattleStar Galactica series!  It's a little small, but not too bad (I suspect a 10 inch tab would be ideal for treadmill-watching.)

I did find that watching a TV show made the running LESS painful, but it still wasn't as much fun as having he wind (rain, cold, heat, etc) entertain you! BUT, thanks tot he joys of modern technology - I can STILL get a good workout in when I can't leave the house - so NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!!!

As for other items - I have again registered for the Marine Corps Marathon, although this year I was thinking of doing something different. In addition to registering for it, and going there - I am going to RUN it!!  I have a better base this year - and my calf muscles aren't as likely to be pulled because of a) I have been running in my VFFs more and b) I am not planning on being an idiot with my training.

You may recall, that when I went over my injury time frames and compared them to my running workouts on the Daily Mile - I was able to see that any time I ramped up my running  or did some stupid distance that I wasn't ready for - I got hurt.  I am taking this to heart, and planning on avoiding the stupidity. I am also hoping that with adding strength training in - and building a stronger core - that my running overall will improve!  Hopefully, if the Cylons show up (though, I don't think they are as scary as Zombies)- I will definitely be able to out run the guy next to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment