About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Not even a late work day is going to keep me from running when it is 60 out!

[caption id="attachment_1283" align="alignright" width="198" caption=""Going home time!""][/caption]

So, I had great plans last night.  I was going to leave work at my usual time (4:00), head home - do a quick mile outside, followed by a nice strength work out. THEN the glory of glories - I was going to go run 4 or 5 miles out in the gorgeous SUMMER weather!! 

But, then reality stepped in.  I was setting up the network in a new house that we have at work - and lets face it, getting that network up was more important than my planned workout. So, two trips to Time-Warner, and I had a working cable modem and had the network up.  (3 hours of my day waisted because someone else had been too lazy to test the connection while the tech was there...)  As I returned to MY house, we had a gorgeous sunset going on (no.. Not the one in the picture, incase the presence of the Ocean didn't give it away.  I got that off the interwebs, but it is pretty!) but the temperature had already dropped from 65 to 60.

[caption id="attachment_1280" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license"][/caption]

While working is of course important, I wasn't going to let it ruin all of my plans!  I got home,  and headed out for a quick run.  It was a GREAT day to run!  Was the perfect runner's day - and it felt like the perfect run!  My legs felt great and I just enjoyed myself.  NO INJURIES TODAY!!! WOO HOO! 

I love being a runner.

3.5 Miles - in 26:58
Mile 1 -7:44
Mile 2 -7:59
Mile 3: 7:11

Looking forward to running in the warmth tomorrow! Hopefully work doesn't stretch into it! lol.. This weekend is my first race of the year - the St. Patrick's 4 miler - which is a big deal on the West side of Binghamton.  Lots of Irish over here.  It's also a "Firefighters vs Police" event -so the awards ceremony should be entertaining!  Obviously, as I am neither a fire fighter or a cop, I won't be partaking in that part of it, but it doesn't mean I can't hope there will be some entertaining banter going back and forth!

No comments:

Post a Comment