About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

7 Miles done! Off to the baseball hall of fame!

I decided yesterday to spend as much time as I could out in the WONDERFUL 75 degree weather.  This of course meant a loooong slow run was in order.  Before leaving I thought 7 miles sounded just about perfect.  I am aware this is a bit longer than I have been running - so I wanted to make sure I took it slow and easy.  In fact, I even stopped and glanced in some shop windows along the way!  My splits will let you know exactly which miles I did that on!

Mile 1: 8:09
Mile 2: 9:01
Mile 3: 8:54
Mile 4: 9:06
Mile 5: 9:56
Mile 6: 9:16
Mile 7: 8:54

7.16 miles total in 1:04:43

It felt good, although the breathing was interesting.  In the "Injury Free Running" Seminar, Mathew Nark mentioned that breathing was important - and that one should breathe from their  diaphragm - all the time, not just when running/exercising/singing/etc..  So I have been working at that during the day.  This was my first run that I spent any time concentrating on diaphragm breathing. It became easier as I went further, although it isn't reflexive yet. 

[caption id="attachment_1331" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="The brother in law and his wife!"][/caption]

I am off of work the next few days as my Brother in Law is visiting.  I didn't run yet today, as we were going to get up and get out the door to the baseball hall of fame. It seems however, that their family is a bit slower to get around. No big deal - in fact, I think we ALL enjoyed the relaxing morning - especially them! They have been running like CRAZY! They have done Philly and NY this week alone!  So, my daily run will be tonight after we get back - business as usual as its when I normally go!

We are off to the baseball hall of fame now - I'll post some pics tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment