About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sir Mix-a-lot

No, this is not a post about "Baby Got Back."  Last night was a mixture of things for my work out.  I didn't know WHAT I wanted to do - so I did a bit of several things!

I started off on the treadmill as the kids and I were home before my wife arrived.  A nice warm up was my initial thought as I stepped toward it.. Then "SPEED WORK!" occurred to me.  Well, I compromised by doing my first mile at 8 mph (7:30 mile), and the second mile at 7 mph (8:34 mile.) 

I then jumped back into the strength training (second time this week!) with a chest and triceps workout for 20 minutes.

After finishing that - I knew how beautiful it was out side - so I headed out for a couple of miles.  My son asked if he could come do one with me, so I let him know that I would do my last mile with him!
Mile 1: 8:28
Mile 2: 8:33

My son left the neighbor's trampoline and joined me for one final mile:
Mile 1: 16:24
He only had to stop two times to stretch out his side - Definite progress!  Especially as they were both in the first half mile!  He was concentrating on diaphragm breathing (or "breath like you do in chorus") and I think it helped!

So far I have run 74.6 miles this month -my longest mileage EVER!!!  I probably have 2 more 5 mile runs lined up - so it is looking to be a VERY respectable month!

My co-worker signed up for the "OFB Head Start Parent committees Healthy Steps for Kids 5K" on April 21st - so it looks like that has been added on to my race list!    I just need to get the registration into the mail by April 1st to get a T-Shirt!

Now, for those of you that WERE looking for "Baby Got Back"

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY84MRnxVzo]

No comments:

Post a Comment