About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Running in the spring time air..

So I purposefully didn't get up to run yesterday morning.. Why? Because the forecast was for the mid 50's in the afternoon!  I was anxious all day to get home and out in to that spring weather (in January... I am LOVING this winter!)  The stars aligned and somehow I got out of work on time.  A quick jaunt home (and a complete reset of all my running apps on my phone due to reloading it from scratch) and off I went!  I decided on a nice 4 mile route, considering I had taken a long weekend off again.

It was MARVELOUS!!!  I didn't have to wait long at any red light, and saw countless numbers of friendly walkers/joggers/cyclists.  It was truly a day for out door activities!

Mile 1: 9:11  (had to stop and set up my music app)
Mile 2: 8:10
Mile 3: 8:03
Mile 4: 8:21

The run felt great! That's really the only way to sum it up!  THIS was the sort of day that makes one glad to be a runner..

No comments:

Post a Comment