About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Added lifting in.. Again..

So, I once before stated that "Someone told me that Runners need to do more than just run."  At the time I started to lift at the YMCA while my kids were doing swim lessons there, but as their drown-proofing classed ended, so too did my lifting.  Well, in my ongoing project at home - to turn the kid's play room from a disaster area where we shove everything, into a useful room that they can play games/watch TV AND I can work out in - I may have created a solution!  My imitation total-gym is now set up and useable!

Now, I paid a whole whopping $20 bucks on Craigslist for this thing - and was able to use it briefly.  For obvious reasons, my wife was not pleased with the idea of having this set up in her living room.  She IS OK with it being setup in a room that she hardly goes into and consequently won't see it.  With this in mind I am going to add lifting in two to three times a week in my routine. Last night I did chest, triceps, and of course - abs.  Today it hurts to sit up or move my arms in anyway. I am such a wimp.

If i can manage to keep it up - I figure the strength training will really help my running, as well as the goal of looking good when I go to the beach!

Now I just need to figure out a good variety of exercises to keep it "mixed up" and prevent muscle memory.. Too bad it was 9 years ago that I used to go to a gym regularly! My memory isn't that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment