About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ran 5 Miles... In a dashing new blue coat.

After my wonderful day of rest - I headed out last night to do a run between 3 and 5 miles.   Like many runners, this almost always means that the 5 mile mark was the goal! (Well, except after a day of drinking.. then it is going to be the lower number).  I was bound and determined to NOT do it in 8 minutes/mile, as I felt I had been abusing my poor under-used muscles enough!

So, out I went and I decided on a Bridge run theme!  I managed to cross four different bridges in 5 miles.  I always find running over or near water to be soothing.  (That sort of feeling might explain why I chose the Navy when I went into the service.)  Temperature was in the 30's (But no snow and ice!), so it wasn't to bad - especially since it was perfect for my new jacket! ($4.50 at a thrift store!)  its a nice blue color.. I didn't think to take a picture of it, so you will just have to trust me that it is quite spiffy, and I look dashing in it.  (Oh, and it looks nothing like the blue coat in the picture. It has bright yellow in it too. His doesn't. That makes mine better)

Cardiotrainer had the total distance for the run listed as 4.96 miles

Mile 1: 8:28
Mile 2: 8:15
Mile 3: 7:33
Mile 4: 8:12
Didn't complete all of mile 5, but the time for the .96 mile was 7:42.

I think I still ran it faster than I had planned.  Feeling a little soreness today but not bad when you consider I didn't use my stick!

I have had some soreness, but nothing of any real concern, it has been definite muscle soreness.  I do worry that I am doing too much, but after last year - I suspect it wouldn't matter how much I am doing, I would still have that worry.  I am planning on sticking with 2 days on, one day off - as that has worked very well for me in the past.

Don’t forget to enter my FREE ROAD ID GIVEAWAY!!!!
At this point, in a true demonstration of the number of readers I have - NO ONE has entered! That means you could be a GUARANTEED WINNER!!  After all - if only one person enters - then that one person wins!!!

Plus if you enter, I can convince myself that SOMEONE is out there reading!!!  So you can win a free ROAD ID - AND you can help make someone's day! Its win-win!

5 comments:

  1. Running jackets can make a work of difference... I went to enter your contest, was blocked from everything due to our servers at work...

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just entered your competition and I do read your posts. I'm a long way from you though, can I enter from the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been a little nervous about the one I was wearing as it had no brightness to it at all. Since I had been running in the dark, I am much happier with a birghter color -WITH bright yellow piping!

    When you get home! Please enter! odds of winning are quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do indeed ship to the UK! The winner will get an electronic giftcard for $30.00, so you might end up having to toss a couple bucks into shipping.

    Could you enter a comment in on the other threaD? That is how I am going to be able to track who has entered (and how, so I know how many entries each perosn has)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, I will add a comment on that thread now :-)

    ReplyDelete