About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back/bicep workout... 3 miles... And calf pain. :(

[caption id="attachment_1262" align="alignright" width="225" caption="My "home gym""][/caption]So I got home from work last night, and headed in to my new "workout area" of the back room.  I did a fairly good back workout, and finished up with the biceps.  (I am thus far keeping with the same "routine" that my best friend and I used to do around a decade ago.  I figure best to start with what I know!)

In hind site, I forgot to do my ab workout.  Woops!  I may be the only person in the world that needs a check-list to exercise properly!

I had apparently taken enough days off that I didn't really want to get dressed up and go out in to the cold (whine whine whine.) I am becoming a firm believer that your attitude can make all the difference when putting one foot in front of the other, so after I was dressed and got my phone doing all of the things it is supposed to be doing (I <3 Radio, Cardiotrainer) I headed out with a smile on my face!  My left shin was tight, but this isn't an abnormal occurrence and it usually loosens up.  Sure enough by the 1/2 mile marker it had, but my right calf started tightening.  I figured it to would loosen up.

Wrong.  I slowly got tighter and tighter - even with stopping several times to stretch it out.  Once I hit the three-mile marker, I was close to my kid's school - around the time my wife was supposed to pick them up.  So I bummed a ride home.

[caption id="attachment_1261" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="My "Home Gym" includes a treadmill too!"][/caption]This morning, I felt an all-to-familiar pain still in my calf. I had hoped it would loosen up overnight, but it didn't seem to very much.  I will spend the day massaging it and seeing how it feels.  If it does feel up to running, I will stick with my treadmill. Otherwise I may head to the YMCA and use the stationary bike.  Great time to borrow the kids kindle fire and watch some TV!

1 comment:

  1. Calf and thigh pain upon touching and flexing can result for a number of reasons, including sciatica, which produces pain along the path of your sciatic nerve that can be painful to the touch. Muscle cramps, strains and tears may also cause pain in your thighs and calves. Treatment and prevention options, such as cold packs, hot packs and stretching exercises, may help alleviate and prevent this discomfort in your legs. Consult your doctor regarding the specific nature of your pain.-

    My current web portal
    <,http://www.foodsupplementdigest.com/chlorophyll-benefits/

    ReplyDelete