About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Time Crunch, so just a quick 3.5!

Well last night, I ran the wrong way.  Seriously. Now one might ask what the wrong way was - I will explain with a story.

When I was a kid, I remember hearing the stories of "walking to school in the snow, up hill both ways.."  - I want to know - why didn't you just go the other way so that it was down hill both ways?  Now some would say that it being up hill both ways is impossible. But I think all runners/cyclists have ended up on a run/cycle trip that somehow - seemed to be uphill the entire way.

Well last night I headed out to do a quick loop, and got hit in the face with a strong wind.  Just before hitting the first mile marker, I made a 90 degree turn - and got a huge gust of wind in my face...Then right before my second mile, turned another 90 degrees or so.. and got a huge gust of wind in my face.   Guess what happened on my last leg of my square I ran?  Yup.. Another gust of wind in my face.  I ran an entire loop with the wind in my face the entire way.  So if I had run the other way - I would have had the wind at my back the entire way!  No Such Luck.

The run itself was nice, although I focused on keeping an enjoyable pace as my body was tired from not sleeping well.

Mile 1: 8:21
Mile 2: 8:28
Mile 3: 8:02
Last 1/2: 4:14

[caption id="attachment_1224" align="alignleft" width="255" caption="Only $35 bucks for this one!"][/caption]

I seem to have sped up overall recently.  I think I may need to go out and really push one - and see how I do.  I had planned on doing that for "Cupid's Chase" over the weekend, until I saw the price. FIFTY BUCKS!! For a 5k?  The Utica Boilermaker is only $35, and that is a 15k with beer.  The Greater Binghamton 1/2 Marathon is only $45.  The price was too rich for my blood.   Apparently I am a cheap runner.

Don’t forget to enter my FREE ROAD ID GIVEAWAY!!!!
Only a few entries so far – so chances of winning are great! Don’t forget to post a comment over on that posting, and let me know each of the ways you have entered

1 comment: