About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Stupid jeans.

dknyThe dryer shrunk my jeans....  How many of you have said this at some point?

Well, over the last 5 years or so, I have... umm.. gained in awesomeness (around the waist primarily) which has led to several of my favorite pairs of jeans not fitting.  Now most guys would simply get bigger ones, rub their belly and move on.  But you see, I bought these at the Salvation Army in Corning NY for a song.  They are name brand ones from (kinda name brand) Aeropostale up to Abercrombie and Fitch.  (Yes, I own a pair of Abercrombie jeans.  I paid 6 dollars for them.)  They sit in the side of my closet, and I periodically tell them that some day - I'll be back for them.

I post things here like "I want to lose 25 pounds next year" - but what I'm really saying - is that I want to be skinny and able to wear my skinny-jeans again.

I currently have two pairs of jeans that I wear. One is a pair of DKNY that my wife bought me several years ago.  At the time they were to big, and I had to wear a belt with them.  The second pair is a pair of Levis that I bought a month or three ago.  Well these DKNY jeans now fit snugly.. Without a belt.  (Granted, a bit less snugly with the weight I have lost over the last few months)  Both of these went to NY with me, and were worn there, without the opportunity to do laundry.. (or more accurately with the opportunity, and one pair left folded on top of my parent's dryer, and one pair on me as I drove home.)  This meant that for "casual friday" at work - I didn't have any jeans to wear.

aeropostaleWell, I was staring at my skinny jeans, and thought "well maybe......" knowing that there was not a prayer of getting them past my hips (boy.. I kinda sound like a girl right now, don't I?) But none the less I tried.

They fit.

That's right.  I have proven that the dryer really does shrink jeans.  Otherwise the DKNY jeans would fit significantly looser than the Aeropostale.

Of course, its always possible that one pair of the "skinny" jeans was bigger than the others..

But I'm not going to check.

 

2 comments:

  1. $6 abercrombies?! Dude - you have to be able to fit in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! Back when I did fit in them - I can honestly say they were the most comfortable pants I owned! I NEED to get back into them!

    ReplyDelete