About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Other great blogs

Today I'm going to post a little differently than normal. I thought it might be fun to stop and look at some other blogs I read.

While she is on a post-marathon, going into the holidays Hiatus right now, I truely enjoy reading "The Curvy Roadrunner."  She has been an inspiration to read, when I first started following her blog back in 2010, she was doing 5ks.  This year in October, she was on the starting line for the Marine Corps Marathon.   She is a great inspiration, especially if you are worried that you CANT be a runner!

To Jump over to one of those blogspot bloggers, Caution Red Head Running is a great read!  She is definitely a far better runner than I!  She unfortunately suffered a stress fracture, and continued to blog, discussing the aggravation and how she dealt with it.  Reading her story, and how she kept her eye on the goal at the end - someday being able to run again  - kept me checking back every day to see what the latest was.  She chronicles the ongoing items in her life - from her injuries, to her wedding and even discussing her husband (also a runner.)  Oh, and she got to run to the Eiffel tower in Paris while on her honeymoon. How cool is that?

The Running Sunflower is a blogger out in New Mexico, that has a very REAL way of writing.  When you read her blog, you can't help but get where she is coming from.

Many of the blogs I used to read have really ramped down unfortunately.  Will Run For Maragaritas used to post regularly, but lately has mostly been guest posts.  I suspect that since getting her dream-job for Brooks, she is simply to busy!  The guest posts are still good.  The Running Thriver has been quiet since she ran "the Ultra Beast" - but I suspect she will be back before too long.

Mom Runs Faster than Dad (like you don't want to read this one - just because of the name) has a great facebook page, although there haven't been many updates on the blog itself.

Blogs I have just started reading - the Half-athoner - Who has chronicled her journey from a walker, to her first half marathon (Disney last year) and her goals toward more Half Marathons!  Not only is she interesting, but funny as well!  Randy Sandberg is out there trying out the Hal Higdon Plans - while posting some great inspiration pictures.  I also just started reading kates Fantastic queen sized bed

On a total not-running type of blog, I am just started reading "So I went Undercover" -  It seems her husband's Ex-Wife found her previous blog and was threatening legal action, so she had to stop blogging.  Well, she couldn't give up the addiction so she has "gone undercover."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I feel totally honored to have been mentioned in this post. Thank you very much and note that I am a new but avid reader of your awesome blog. :-D

    ReplyDelete