About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Monday is Rest day.. Because Mondays aren't bad enough!

So monday is my standard rest day.  Once upon a time, this was simply so I wouldn't have to get up early on Mondays.  My thought was that they were bad enough due to the start of the work week - why make it worse with less sleep?

Since I do the majority of my working out now in the evening, this is obviously not a reason.   In fact, I have to admit that NOT working out, usually lowers the quality of the day on the Bad-------------------------------------Good scale.     The thing is - Mondays remain non-stop running.    In fact, the day runs so hard (which is why I don't) that I have to leave work early in order to get my son up to the Maryland State Boychoir practice in Baltimore!  The kids love it, as it becomes a "Junk Food" dinner - as we do takeout from some where.

Do you have a chosen rest day?  Is it due to scheduling reasons, or some other factor?

3 comments:

  1. My rest days really just depend on Basketball and on how my knee is feeling that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a standard rest day because my schedule changes so much...I think of my rest days as either days where I'm not running or not working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you try to work for a certain number of running days a week?

    ReplyDelete