About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Friday, December 7, 2012

Mr. Potato Head.

Getting out of work early means I can get some of that exercising in BEFORE it is 8 o'clock at night!  Now really, I don't mind (most days) working out at night.. its kind of nice to exercise and do yoga (followed by a MUCH needed shower of course) to end the day out.  It really does let me go to bed stress-free. (Well, except when my wife was hoping for a back rub, and the reason she didn't get one was the treadmill and yoga...)

[caption id="attachment_1888" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Random Picture - with a Random Fact! Random Picture - with a Random Fact![/caption]

I decided I wanted to see if the Yoga was making any immediate difference.  As you are no doubt aware, I have been using it to stretch out after my runs.  Last night, I didn't. I did my usual calf-stretch, but immediately jumped through the shower afterwards - no Yoga in sight. 

For the remainder of the evening and even into today, I could feel that slight achy/tired feeling that we, as runners are so familiar with.  When I woke up this morning my Plantar Fascia was more sore than it has been in the previous few post-run mornings.  This includes my five-mile run days, where yesterday I only did three.   In other words, I am a believer that even 15 minutes of yoga in the post-run, is helping the plantar Fasciitis.  I will wait to see if it can actually help me be more flexible (I have dreams of some day touching my toes without bending my knees.. or maybe even touching the top of my feet...)

Last night there was NO running around delivering the kids to a concert or any form of music practice.  I have to say - it was definitely a special kind of wonderful!  I was actually able to get all of the laundry folded and the dish washer filled/run!

This weekend has a birthday party for my daughter on Sunday, and a friends' birthday party friday night.. AND THAT IS IT!!!!  We may actually sit around and do nothing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment