About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Peanut... Peanut butter! Blossoms!

[caption id="attachment_1940" align="alignright" width="280"]Picture from Hersey's Website Picture from Hersey's Website[/caption]

Ok, Seriously.  I think the person that invented Peanut Blossoms was attempting to figure out how to give people the same warm feeling inside as THAT activity (if you know what I mean.)   I totally think they came as close as humanly possible.

Everyone loves a peanut butter cup - but somehow with these delectable cookies, you get the joy of peanut butter AND chocolate - combined into a wonderful treat that takes multiple bites to eat (multiple bites extends the enjoyment time!)  To top it off, they are ever so easy to make!

I may have mentioned a few times (and I'm sure I will mention it many more times as well,)  But my son is in the Maryland State Boychoir.  One of the things that my ever-so-lucky child gets out of this, is a 9 day cruise to the Bahamas where they are performing.  THis doesn't come cheaply of course.  Well, they offer various opportunities to help make a little bit of money toward the cost of the tour (anyone want to buy a raffle ticket?) - one of which was being able to bake cookies that could be sold at the concert. 

[caption id="attachment_1942" align="alignleft" width="300"]My Lovely Peanutbutter Blossoms in the front, the Choir's cookies in the back. My Lovely Peanut butter Blossoms in the front, the Choir's cookies in the back.[/caption]

Well, my wife left me alone in the kitchen, and I thought the Peanut Butter Blossoms would be PERFECT!  After I had baked four dozen (we needed to make 10 dozen), my wife came in and told me we weren't making peanut butter blossoms - she was doing snow flake cookies using her cookie press.  This meant we had four dozen of my absolute favorite cookie in the world - and they were not made for any specific reason.

uh oh.

Well, we won't discuss how many of these I have eaten thus far.. But at least my children are enthusiastic helpers when it comes to making cookies disappear.  My goal for the Holiday Season may have no changed.. It may be to keep my fitness level up so that I can lose the few pounds faster, or it may be "try and keep my weight as close to what it is now as I possibly can."

After all, I haven't even gotten my tin of home-made chocolates and peanut butter cups from my mother yet.

Regardless of WHY I am exercising - I pounded out 2.5 miles on the treadmill last night, and followed it up with 25 minutes of Yoga.  This morning I found that I have some soreness in my left hip, though I can't tell if it is "hip" pain, or if it is pain from where I had surgery for my Inguinal Hernia Repair.   My surgery site gets sore/aggravated at times - it's not a recurrence of the Hernia, it has to do with the level of surgery needed to repair the hernia.  My friend had his done laproscopically, I wasn't so lucky.  Who knows, maybe the Yoga will help break up the scar tissue (or whatever it is) that causes me pain.  Either way it hurts less than before the surgery.

I am going up to my parent's house this weekend.  Due to my son's concert schedule we are headed up late sunday night and coming back on Wednesday.  My folks have a treadmill so I will be able to continue my damage-mitigation of my weight in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Can you mail me some please????? They are only my favorite cookie EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. peanut butter is what i crave when i do a long run. it's my recovery food or feud before a run.

    ReplyDelete