About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I beat the rain!

So, I didn't get to answer that age-old question of, "Does Robinson still like running in the rain?"   See, when I headed out on my run, it wasn't raining - just very humid.  I ran my current 2.7 loop I am doing (felt very nice I might add), and arrived back home at my house!  I always stretch my Achilles/calf using the front step of my house upon return to my house.  Well, yesterday as I did that - Rain drops started falling on my shoulders, so I went inside and used my stairs there.

That's right.. My timing was PERFECT.  How often does that happen?

The run itself was nice, although I would have preferred longer.  I will continue to hold myself back and ensure that I am building my mileage up slowly.

Image


My current route, with one "I Like It" sent from Facebook as shown by the green check mark.

57pace


I was pleased with my pace, though I cannot lie. I wish I had run one of the miles six second faster, so my pace was 7:59 instead of 8:02.  Not that it would have made a whole lot of difference, but I do like times that start with '7" better.

I'm also surprised to find out that my house was lower when I got home then when I left.  After all, I went up 74 feet in elevation, and lost 81.. So apparently my house went down 7 feet while I was gone!

Tonight is another running of the same loop!  I'm looking forward to next week, when I get to move up to three miles!

 

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Keep it up! & I'm a bit scared of the rain too, which isn't a good thing living in Miami. And, as for your house, yikes! I've never noticed if it happens to me too lol I should check. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running in the rain actually. Especially a really good down pour on a warm day!

    Now, that doesn't mean that having the first drops hit your shoulders as you walk in the door, isnt the greatest of victories!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness. When I run in the rain, that my friend, will be worth quite the post. Lol

    ReplyDelete