About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Friday, May 17, 2013

Avoiding Death on the way to work.

Yesterday was a rest day.. But I'm not going to let that keep me from posting!  In fact, I didn't do anything exercise related at all (even ate two candy bars), so I'm not even going to post about that!

I was driving in to work today, which is about a 25 minute drive (depending on drivers suddenly deciding we all need to slow down to go around a turn on Route 50), going around 17 miles I think.   When I saw this:

IMG_20130517_080326[1]

Now, I am very aware that those straps are holding the long metal items down securely.  I know they can't go anywhere.  Yet, I find that when I drive behind any truck carrying things like this (tree trunks, poles, rebar, etc)  I can't help but visualize the straps breaking and somehow (defying the laws of physics in the process) the large metal item comes flying into my car like a spear thrown by a spartan.

Obviously, this leads to my passing the truck as soon as I am able.  This also explains to you why the picture is from an angle, and not from directly behind it...

IMG_20130517_080331[1]

Which leads me to being in this angle.  Now, If I had visions of it flying through my windshield, what do you think I see when I look at this?

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness. I think there was a higher chance of you crashing into those for being distracted taking pictures. At least you're still alive!

    ReplyDelete