About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The streets, without the pitterpatter of little ghouls and goblins.

Ghouls and Goblins.. I don't think anyone actually dresses up as ghouls or goblins anymore.  I know mine went as a Witch (though half way through she took of her hat and proclaimed herself to be a vampire) and a skeleton.  And I don't know about pitter patter either.. They halloweeners I saw were certainly having too much fun (aka loud) to hear any pitter pattering!!!!  But no matter how you look at it, there was definitely a good time had by all!

As you can see my little Witch/Vampire and Skeleton had quite the haul....And somehow I am going to eat none of it.  While this way-to-much-candy-in-the-house season continues, I will keep you updated on how much of their candy I have (or have not) eaten!

This morning was the first morning I pulled my sorry butt out of bed in time to run.  I had planned on doing my 2.5 mile route, but didn't get out quite in time!  In stead I did 1.6 miles, but picked up the pace from where I have been.  My average was an 8:13 mile according to Runtastic.  Good thing the run wasn't any longer, I doubt I could have kept that up!  This run was in my bright red Vibram Five Fingers.

I am hoping to get the chance to add another couple of miles in tonight, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.  It's why I ran this morning and plan on continuing my morning runs.  I can make time then, and it doesn't take away from the family in any way!

On an odd note.. I couldn't find my keys this morning.  I looked for over an our and a half before I found them in the pocket of a coat I hadn't worn in quite a while.. Certainly not last night!  Anyone have any theories on how my keys ended up in an un-worn coat?

As there are two giant bowls of Halloween Candy sitting on our kitchen table, I thought I would try to keep myself accountable for my actions!  I will be ending each blog posting with my total number of pieced of candy eaten for the foreseeable future.

Candy eaten in the last 24 hours: 0
Total pieced of Halloween Candy Eaten: 0

 

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could say the same...damn you reeses peanut butter cups!

    ReplyDelete