About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

And on the 7th (and 8th) day, he rested..

It seemed an obvious move to take the day I could barely move my calves as a rest day.  The following day, it seems that tightness had moved down my ankle and into my foot.  My Plantar Faciitis was REALLY letting me know it was there yesterday!  No biggie, I took my Aleve, massaged it and rested for another day.

Today? It feels good! (insert James Brown as background music here)  I will hop on the old treadmill tonight, and do a nice slow 2 or 3 miles while watching my Battlestar Galactica. Only 40 or so more episodes to go!)  I have missed running for the last two days, and even the sleeve of thin mints I ate didn't help.  (actually, it made me more aware I didn't run. But boy are thin mints yummy!)  I have foregone the Aleve today (though forgot would be a better word than forgone..) but have my foot support on instead.

A week from tomorrow I will be doing a nice and easy 5k!  My first "race" since the Corporate Challenge, but I really don't plan on any "Racing".  It is going to be a nice run through the woods on a beautiful thanksgiving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment