About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Monday, November 12, 2012

Posting from a tablet about a to-sore-to-run rest day

I will admit that I had thought I was being careful, but did have my doubts that I was.  Even while limiting myself to 2 1/2 miles, I have had consistently sore muscles.  Already getting close to an  eight minute mile might be the reason.  For the last two days on my treadmill, I have pushed my distance up just a we bit. 

This morning, I got out of bed and headed down stairs......and almost fell flat on my face. It seems that my poor calf muscles were as tight as could be!  I suppose that running longer, and doing so in the evening instead of the morning can  cause some unforeseen side effects!  Tie that in with my first week over ten miles since march and I can see that today might make a good rest day.

Fortunately the world seems to have conspired against me, or I might have gone anyway.  Who can resist 70 degrees in November?  Due to work (on a day off mind you!), building a table (yay IKEA!), scrubbing bathrooms and headed off to the boy's choir I simply didn't have any time! 

I had forgotten how difficult it can be to take a day off of running, once you find that joy that running brings.  (Talk about a first world problem....)

The formatting of this post might be a bit off as it is my first attempt from my tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment