About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week in Review! Week 4!

So! Here we are at week number 4's completion - lets see how I did!














4



Rest



3 m run



4 m run



3 m run



Rest



9



cross



This was what the week was supposed to look like, lets see what it did:














4



Rest



3 m run



4 m run



Serve beer!



Rest



8.8 m



Sit around in pain



On thursday, my work-place did its "Third Annual Savor the Summer" - a wine/beer/food tasting that is one of our fundraisers.   While a few hours standing doesn't seem like much - This combined with standing all day Saturday and Sunday of the previous week (in my VFFs of course!) has really stressed out my left Achilles Tendon.  It didn't occur to me to use the KT tape until yesterday, and it is now showing a remarkable improvement.  It was very noticeable while running Saturday, and even more so - on Sunday after running.

I did miss one short run, but made my long run, so I am not to upset with the week. Although, it makes the fourth week in a row that I have not followed my training plan!

If you haven't read it yet, I suggest my write up on the 9 mile run on saturday as interesting reading! Bridge Jumpers, video shoots and wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment