About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is it getting hot in here?

[caption id="attachment_529" align="alignright" width="190" caption="I'm sure I looked something like this. (Picture from the Boilermaker)"][/caption]

So, "the plan" had a 3 mile run scheduled for yesterday.  Brought my kids to the "what to do if you are on the Titanic" class, and headed out to run.

It was hot.  Now I know there are people in Texas and Arizona where it is hotter than here.  I live in upstate NY. Now, when people think of upstate NY two things come to mind - Wine and Snow.  Now you don't go running in Wine - which means the Snow must be the word people think of related to weather here.  It was 92 degrees. NINETY TWO!!! Plus humidity! In Upstate NY!!!!!

The run itself wasn't too bad - but breathing was difficult.  I felt kind of like an asthmatic attempting to breathe through pea soup (or, what I imagine an asthmatic attempting to breathe through pea soup would feel like.)  I am lucky enough to get MORE practice in breathing soup today and tomorrow (tomorrow's forecast with heat index is 101 - 108 heat index.)

My splits:
Mile 1: 8:32
Mile 2: 8:23
Mile 3: 7:57

The funny thing, is that I was sure I was slowing down.

My body definitely let me know I hadn't run since the previous Thursday. I might rationalize selling wine as exercise - but it was definitely not Cardio!

No comments:

Post a Comment