About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Marine Corps Marathon Prep - Week 3 in REVIEW!!!!!!!!

So, yesterday was the official "Rest Day" that starts the new week - that makes today the WEEK IN REVIEW!!!!  According to Hal Higdon's "Novice 1" plan - this is what last week should have looked like:














3


Rest


3 m run


4 m run


3 m run


Rest


5


cross


As you know, I started off the week quite well - and did a great job following the training plan.  I must unfortunately report - that this did not remain the case.  Indeed, the third week (out of three) of my training plan makes the third week I did not follow it.














3


Rest


3 m run


4 m run


4.3 m run


Rest


Sell Wine


Sell Wine


As you may notice, my "long run" of 5 miles never happened.  The Fingerlakes Wine Festival was at Watkins Glen International this weekend.  It's where 40,000 people show up to experience as many tastings of fine wines (and some not-so-fine ones to be honest) as they can manage before falling over!
The booth for Magpie Farms Winery - the Makers of Legendary Magpie Mead!
 My wife and I ran the tasting/selling booth for our friend Steve (or "Magpie" as many people know him) the owner of Magpie Farms Winery and maker of the "Legendary Magpie Mead".  Last year we helped him at the festival, and apparently we did well as we were on our own this year! (He was at a different festival this year.)  While manning the booth on saturday, it was non-stop crazy.  We were on our feet from 10 am to 5 pm, with no breaks - don't ever doubt that those people behind the tables are exercising.  My feet hurt (of course), but so did my muscles in my legs, arms and back.. That was exercise!!!! (But it was also a blast)


 

Though.. I don't recall drinking wine while exercising in the past... hmm.. Might be on to something..

 

But, back to the subject at hand - So although I missed my "long" run of five miles I feel I definitely got some exercise.  Also, since it was only five miles, I'm not as worried as i might otherwise be.

 Maybe this week I will actually manage to follow the plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment