About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Marathon Prep - Week 2 in Review

So, Yesterday was the "Rest Day" which makes today (drum roll please!) THE WEEK IN REVIEW!!!!!!  According to Hal Higdon's "Novice 1" plan this is what my week should have looked like:














2


Rest


3 m run


3 m run


3 m run


Rest


7


cross


And continuing my Short-standing tradition, it didn't really look like that, but instead looked like this:














2


Rest


Weight Lifting


5.7 mile run


3.3 mile run


Lounge Around doing Nothing


Rest


9.3 (Boilermaker)


I ended up doing MORE miles during the week, but less days of running than the plan suggested.  I'm not real pleased with that - I should have headed out on friday for at least a mile or three.

This is what week three is supposed to look like:














3


Rest


3 m run


4 m run


3 m run


Rest


5


cross


I was thinking I might try and make this the week that I actually do what I am supposed to.  Though, as my wife or my mother could tell you - that has never been my forte.  I will be running tonight however, as my body is QUITE sore from the Boilermaker - and if I don't, I won't feel much better tomorrow, plus - I really want to go!

Race planning currently - for 5Ks,  the Kelly Lebarre 5k (Aug 8)at the Spiedie Fest (running with my 8 year old son), the Chris Thater (Aug 28) and the St. James 5k (Oct 23).  For longer races - thinking of the Wyoming Valley Summer 10k (July 23)and the  Turning Stone Half-Marathon (Aug 21).

No comments:

Post a Comment