About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Belt on the Dreadmill goes round and round...

This post is a repost from my Wordpress Blog.

So last night my wife headed out to girl scouts with Elspeth while Bryce and I stayed home. He wasn't feeling very well (like clutching a bucket sort of not feeling well.) With that being the case, it was time to dust off the frenemy of mine - the DREADMILL!!!! (boooooo hisssss!)

I hadn't used it in a while, so I was pleased to hear it wind up when I plugged it in and inserted the little red thing. You know the one that is supposed to be plugged in, and the other goes attached to you in some way? So that if you fall it shuts off? Well, we just leave ours dangling. I'm not sure if anyone actually "wears" that thing. I don't. But anyway, I turned it on and headed out at 7 mph. Well, I can't really say "headed out." I suppose I started up like a hamster on its wheel. at the 1 mile marker, I knocked it up to 9 mph for half a lap (200 meters), and then back down to 7 mph. I repeated this at the 2 mile marker.

At the 3 mile marker? I shut it off. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I hadn't done enough though, so I did a 1 mile walk at 3 mph, with an incline of 10. It's the maximum that I can set it to. Why was walking less boring? Because I can read while I do it.

So at least a work out got done, even if I did have to use the dreadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment