About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New "Work" Shoes!

YAY!!!! A new pair of shoes for work!!

So this is a running blog right? You must be asking yourself - why is this idiot posting about his work shoes?  Well, let me answer this brilliant question you have!  My new work shoes?  

[caption id="attachment_445" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="My new "work" shoes!"][/caption]

Vibram Five Finger Treks!

I thought that I would try going full-time in VFF's, as a Podiatry site mentioned that if you were after the "supposed" health benefits - wouldn't you want to wear minimalist shoes all the time?  This tied in with the fact that my every day dress-shoes caused me knee and hip pain made it sound like a really good idea.   PLUS it should have the added benefit of decreasing any calf-pain while running since my calves will always be "Extended" by not being in any shoes with a raised heel. (see? it applies to running!)  I am wearing them with the Injinji socks today (and I still find the socks to be annoying.  Hopefully I will "get used" to them soon.)

On a running note, last night was a nice 4.5 mile run.  I am looking forward to starting my 18-week marathon training plan next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment