About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quick Run!

As I am doing my first race today, last night was just a quick easy two miles.  The problem is the QUICK part.  I ran it one mile an hour faster than I normally go running.  Today, my two miles has made me a little bit sore, but my left calf is tight.  It's amazing how poor I am at doing the "Right thing" when I try to prepare for things properly!  I suppose the problem is that it was the perfect weather to run.. It was warm, but not HOT.  It was a little humid, but not anything abnormal. 

Tonight?  It's the "YMCA Corporate Challenge" over at Broome. I am doing the 5k race, and then will be doing the "Team Relay" that is a mile for each person.  I have had several people ask me how quickly I plan on doing the 5k - and I have no idea.  Last year I ran around 25 minutes, but that was pre-surgery and pre numerous injuries.  I will let you know how it feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment