About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Monday, March 4, 2013

3 Year Anniversary on Wordpress..

ImageThis morning as I logged in here, I was notified by wordpress that I started my blog 3 years ago...  Wow, that seems like a long time, and to be honest - feels it!  So much has happened in the last three years!   I live in a different state, work at a different job, drive a different car, wear different unde.... ok, we won't go to that last one...  But when I started writing the blog, I had no idea WHAT I was going to write about.  At the time it was simply called "Odd Futures."   While I wasn't sure what it was going to be filled with, I knew what sort of future was in store for me, and boy was I right!   Then a high school friend of mine, Chris, asked me if I wanted to run a 5k with him (With no training on my part.)  IT was only a few months later that I found a use for this blog, and Once and Future Runner was born!   I have to admit, while life didn't head the direction I was trying for (And a government pension sounded so lovely...), It has gone in a great direction!

ImageIt is really is amazing to look at how everything has changed.  I think its important periodically to stop and look at where I was 3 years ago, 5 years ago and 10 years ago, just to really look at the growth and change that I have lived through.  Quite often, we don't notice the "little" things at the time they happen, yet they can be glaringly apparent when we look back.

I also want to thank those of you that have run this journey with me thus far.  When I started writing this, I didn't think anyone else would be interested in what I was writing, but with 20,000 views - I am blown away!   Thank you!

I'm pretty happy with where life has brought me in the last three years, and I am looking forward to the future!  Please, stay with me!  As this anniversary hits, it seems the perfect time for a change of attitude and direction in my fitness goals!  Stay tuned for more on that!

 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's hard finding bloggers who remain for more than a year, so this is a huge accomplishment for you I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!! Great achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three years... You are a true marathoner!

    ReplyDelete