About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Insanity, Day 4 and 5!

So  Day 4 (Cardio Recovery - aka Yoga stuff)  and 5 (Pure Cardio - aka kick your butt) are done!  "Snow" day today, despite the lack of snow, so I was able to get my workout in before noon.  I have to admit I like being able to do that.

It has a large focus on core, which is really letting me know how weak my hip-flexors (amongst other things) are.  I think this program is going to be JUST what I need to help with that!  There are some exercises that I have to modify.  Some because I am a weak pansy, and others because I can feel the work out in the spot where I had my Hernia Repair.  I figure this can really help me build up the muscles, and maybe even get rid of some of the residual tightness/pain that crops up occasionaly.. But to do so, I want to be VERY careful that I am not re-injuring myself.  I may decide to re-do it, or re do a week (or month) as I go forward, but I am going to see how I develop before making those decisions.

I do have to admit.. I'm kinda looking forward to my rest day.. My legs are sore and tired!

4 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with redoing a week or even a month. No one is grading you on how fast you complete the program. The success comes from how WELL you complete the program, so you need to listen to your body and let it tell you when to move on, or stay where you are for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I used to hate cardio recovery day lol I thought it was too boring. And I re-did a week once, actually helps a little at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you on the recovery being boring.. It was like myyoga.. but worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you! I think its fantastic that its primary focus (core) seems to be where I need the most work! This means I wILL be redoing some weeks, guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete