About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New Shoes! New Shoes!

Yesterday's workout was the cardio recovery Insanity DVD.  As the name suggests it is a "recovery" day, so the workout was a bit different.  Instead of a fast paced high intensity workout, the pace is slower with controlled movements.  Apparently Shaun T's definition of "easy" is a bit different than mine as I couldn't even manage to do all of these workouts without taking breaks!

If I had thought I was in good shape, this would definitely have cured me of that misconception.  I have a LOT more work to do on my core strength - fortunately Insanity has a focus on that very thing!  It was a lighter workout however as I am not in a whole lot of pain today. I do like the amount of stretching in the program as I need that!

So the best part of the workout? MY NEW SHOES ARRIVED!image





As you might imagine, I was more than a little bit excited to have them finally arrive! I used them for my Insanity workout and didn't fall on my butt! Following that I headed out for a run! The first one in weeks!

image

I could still feel the plantar faciitis of course, but it wasn't to bad. Despite the urge to go and go and go (as any runner has experienced after time off) I kept myself to a mile. The run felt good, although I could tell that Insanity had worked my legs out!

Not a bad day! It felt sooooo good to be running!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the color! Orange is my favorite :) I hope they help. You have more self control than I do. Kudos to you for sticking with just one mile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes!! My phone is hating me so no video yet. However, just for kicks look up Anton Krupicka on youtube. He is pretty cool. Also check out his New Balance Minimus shoes... possible alternative to VFF for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried on a pair of those actually - and since I am getting used to having my toes squished together again, the minimus or the trail-glove by Merrill are my top choices for my future trail-running shoe once I get my calves/achilles/plantar facia to be a bit more flexible!

    I will take a look at Anton Krupicka later in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I only have the self control because Last year I didn't. Which lead to me missing the Marine Corps MArathon. I'm hoping ot make this year different by signing up (done) AND running it!

    I will say that wearing shoes that don't have toes is a different feeling. I also dont feel as stable with all the padding under my feet!

    ReplyDelete