About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Friday, May 4, 2012

I have never been so happy to see my Mother in Law.

So, my son's latest Parlor City Boy Chorus concert was last night

Well, before the concert I rushed home after getting the kids so that I could get a workout in.  After a quick change I grabbed a water bottle and tossed in the Plyometric Cardio Circuit DVD.  I was able to keep up, though I took Shaun T. seriously when he said "take a break as you need it," but a quick swig of water is often enough break to let you get back to it.

The nice thing is that it starts with the warm up, and then repeats it speeding it up.  Just starting this routine out - its nice to be able to actually have the opportunity to figure out what the heck it is you are doing!   I won't lie however, it was rough and it hurt.  It demonstrated to me how week my hip flexors are as I tried to continuously get my knees higher than my hips.  I can certainly see the work on my Quads and Glutes really helping my hill running later on!

About 30 minutes into it, the most wonderful thing happened.  My mother in law showed up as we were all going to the fore-mentioned concert.  So unfortunately I had to stop and go shower so as to be ready to go on time.  30 minutes out of 42ish complete - not bad for a first run!

After the concert we got home, and my night splint had arrived for my plantar faciitis.  I have to try a couple of things to make it fit better - so I don't have a lot of opinions on it yet.  I will say that even walking around at the concert hurt.  My wife said that while I was sleeping the Zoe Cat would jump on me and she could hear me groan in pain.  So if anyone is reading this posting and trying to decide whether or not to do the Insanity workout, keep the cat out of the bedroom.

I am off to a day of hiking and camping with the Cub Scouts, so I will not be doing any Insanity today.  But will be back at it tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. lol, how unfortunate that you had to cut your workout short!!! I've got P90x and have been debating trying to find a way to incorporate that in with my training. Do you think it would be the brightest idea to take something like that on in ADDITION to running? Or should I just wait until I take a break from running to give it a go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see any problem at all with doing both. Especially if one is in the morning and one in the afternoon.
    I know that once I am run-able, I will do both.

    I may tackle P90X after Insanity.

    ReplyDelete