About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Friday, September 16, 2011

Freaky Friday - Bizarre Things found on the Interwebs! - Strange Exercise!

This weeks' dose of bizarre interwebness (I just made that word up...) - Odd Exercises!!!!!

[caption id="attachment_843" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Paddle Board Yoga!!!!"][/caption]

We have ALL heard how good yoga is for you. Its relaxing, strengthening and zen-like in its benefits. Having tried it - I can assure you it really is!  Plus it will increase your flexibility - helping you to avoid a string of pulled muscles like I have made my new hobby!

One group of people have found a way to make the "Working on Balance" part of yoga - FAR more important.  If you were to perform your Warrior Pose, and Downward Facing Dog on a Paddleboard!! Mess up? GO SWIMMING!!!  I can definitely see how being on the water would help with the relaxation and help you avoid distractions.

[caption id="attachment_844" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Running of the Bulls!"][/caption]

Running with the Bulls!!! Ok, so this is only a once-a-year form of exercise... But once I saw the picture it HAD to be included!  As most people are aware, the Annual Running of the Bulls occurs in Pamplona Spain in July of every year.  A bunch of people jump in with bulls and run from pens across town to the bull-pen.  It is estimated that 200-300 people are injured every year nad 15 people have been killed since 1910!

I think I will stick to running WITHOUT Bulls involved.  I prefer to avoid prostate exams (with or without bull-horns) until I am old enough to need them as part of my annual physical.

[caption id="attachment_845" align="alignleft" width="289" caption="So this is exercise?"][/caption]

And... The shake weight.  This one simply cracks me up.  Its one of the more recent "as seen on TV" workouts methods.  There have been news reports on it (which if you haven't seen I heartily recommend clicking on the link), infomercials and now they can even be purchased at Walmart

This might be the greatest exercise in the world - but there is something that seems "not right" about it to me.  I actually checked it out in Walmart and after much embarassement - I quickly put it down and walked away from it.

Not for me.

And last but not least a Picture that needs no Explanation:

The Bicycle Pub!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment