About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

7.5 miles under the belt, and I have to admit - I might be a little sore...

So, as I stated in my earlier post - I was all set to go do 3 miles yesterday.  I didn't feel like doing my usual three mile route, so I headed out in a different direction. 

Have you ever had one of those days where it all just seemed perfect?  The road passed by - the wind was good and you were simply in your glory?  Well yesterday it was raining - ranging from a light sprinkle to a pretty good down pour.  I love to run in the rain, and realized yesterday that I hadn't done it at ALL this year. Talk about missing out!!!  In addition to feeling refreshing, you don't stink as bad -since the wetness is from Rain and not from Sweat!!! I like to be less stinky.  (though my wife still wouldn't hug me directly after my run.)

Well, yesterday was (for me) one of those perfect days.  The rain kept the humidity from being too obnoxious, and the road just flowed by..  So you would think I really enjoyed my three mile run right?  NO!!! I enjoyed my 7.5 mile run!  I had debated going another 2.5, but figured turning my 3 miler into a 7.5, was already pretty stupid.  Boy did it feel good though.

I am finding I like Daily Mile... It says I have run further than my Cardio Trainer does. My seven and a half miles is Eight point Four twon.  It makes me much faster :) I do wonder which one is actually right though.

No comments:

Post a Comment