About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Recap - Cool Statistics

That's right, day 2 after my race - and I am STILL posting about it!  How much mileage do I think I can get out of 10 miles?

After seeing this, I wanted to post it up here for all to see!

CherryBlossom

I know that it shows me as being slow, with more people in my brackets ahead of me than behind.. But still! HOW COOL IS THIS?

I also had some information from my runtastic - which has dubious accuracy.  I started the timer while I was still in the corral, and ended it after I finished.  I also don't know if it auto-paused while I took a picture of a sign..

Here is the course according to Runtastic:

[caption id="attachment_2507" align="aligncenter" width="490"]The course! The course![/caption]

Chart of Pace and Elevation changes:

elevationpace

And the ever-popular, mile splits:

splits

And four people cheered me on as I ran!!!

I'm much less sore than I expected today - though my right foot (PF) is a bit MORE sore than yesterday.  Over all, all of my pain/soreness from today and yesterday is less than I would have expected.

Tonight?  A nice slow 3 miles or so to work the kinks out!

In case you missed it - here is my recap for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Race!

 

9 comments:

  1. Wow - those stats are fab! It looks like some crazy hills you went over, but looking at the scale, was it more flat than that? I love stats like this-and well done on the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a VERY flat course, so while the chart looks impressive, its umm.. not so much.

    In fact the only place I FELT any hill was near the very end - and that might simply have been my tired legs being annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, pesky hills at the end are mean! I'd hide the scale and make out you were running over mountains!!!!! That would be one crazy run

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get charts like that and I run in Florida, where my elevation changes along the lines of a whopping 31 feet. That's my highest hill, but my chart makes it look like a mountain along with the 17 foot "hills." So my chart looks impressive too, and I didn't even know I had any hills!

    I'm impressed you passed 745 runners in the 2nd half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stats! Who cares if you were a bit slower than some? You still kicked ass! Specially, considering you barely trained lol congrats! Can't wait to do this one next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's what happens if you run a popular race. Most of my races have been fairly small, so they don't have cool graphics and stats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my first "large" race - though I just moved to the Baltimore/DC area - so I think there are a lot more in my future.

    Especially if they keep giving out such cool information!

    I bet the MCM will have some interesting stats available.

    ReplyDelete