About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Listening to my body, even when it seems lazy.

Two miles on the Dread-mill last night. This allowed me to appreciate one aspect of "starting over" -- a 2 mile run on a treadmill is easy to deal with. 20 minutes comes and goes fairly quickly, especially when compared to the days I have done 7!! I kept the dreadmill at a steady 6.2 mph, and ran for 20 minutes plus a dash to make it an even 2.1 miles. Felt fine (though boring), no real pain of any sort - no noticeable tightness in my foot like my run outside. One difference is that I wore my old Vibram Five Fingers Bikilas, instead of my new ones. The new ones are a size bigger (42) to help with room for socks in the winter.

I also did the calf-lifts 3 different times throughout the day. I suspect these are the reason that when I awoke this morning, ready to hop on the dread-mill, that my calves were sore. Going under my new "listen to the body" - I skipped running. I am concerned that I have to be careful here.. My body may just be slothful. Seriously though, I figure that I needed to skip it - as I am building my calves up from NOT running in the VFFs for almost two months. This is especially true as I stopped running, due to calf injury. My wife was also nice enough to point out to me that the calf exercises I am doing also strengthen the ankle in general. BONUS!

Thats it for the day - only a few more days of my "Feasting" existence.. We have a reservation on saturday for Fogo De Chao - the greatest restaurant of all time. Once we get back from our little vacation however - back to eating properly!

As a Note: I had to edit yesterday's posting. The new toe socks were NOT Injinji socks, but from a company called "SMARTWOOL"

No comments:

Post a Comment