About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Friday, October 7, 2011

Short post.. Shin Splints or Stress Fracture?

As the day progressed yesterday, the pain in my shin grew gradually worse.  As I did some reading online I became concerned it might be a stress fracture, so I headed out to the Walk-In to have it looked at.  The Physicians' Assistant that saw me was a runner (thankfully), so he was VERY understanding about my concern. They did an X-Ray (expecting it to be mostly useless), it turns out that it didn't show anything.  He told me to follow RICE (Rest,  Ice, Compression, Elevation) and that they would get a bone scan scheduled.  He let me know that despite being a stubborn runner that was going to ignore him - I really shouldn't run on it until after I get the bone scan results.

I agreed I wouldn't run for my next 2 scheduled rest days.

So my bonescan is on Tuesday morning.  The shin is feeling better today, after spending all day yesterday following RICE (and playing PS3).  I will do more massaging/icing/etc today - and see how it goes.  I will see how I feel on sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment