About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Monday, March 7, 2011

Running.. it isn't enough..

So, I have been running lately - but I don't htink that is quite enough to really prepare myself for the marathon.  So here are some other things I have been contemplating:

Dieting - It is easier to move a lighter weight, then a heavier weight (see what public schools taught me?)  So, I have started using "calorie counter" on my phone to track what I eat.  This way I can try and get rid of the spare tire I have been working on.. After all, spare tires are for cars and bikes - not runners.

Core Strength - Well, like most people - I hate situps and pushups.  But they are two great methods for working on core strength so I am beginning to implement them into my daily routine.  I have tried the "hundredpushups.com" and "twohundredsitups.com" challenges in the past - but never finished them.  I think it is time to revisit this. 

Other workouts - I won't join a gym at this time - because I don't think I will go.  When I can consistently get up and run at 5am every morning (or 3-4 times a week), I will revist the idea.  But, we do have EA Active 2 for the PS3.  Suprisingly this does a great workout - including core as well as various muscle groups.  This is going to become my non-running day workout.

Overall, I hope that the marathon preparations will not just let me run 26.2 miles - but will put me in fantastic shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment