About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Monday, June 10, 2013

#Juneathon Weekend 8,9 and 10

Seems three days is becoming my normal Juneathon blog...  I'm pretty sure that isn't how the "rules" read...

So what did I do?   Well on Saturday, I drove an hour (And a bit of change) out to Virginia (opposite side of DC from where I live) and picked up a Bowflex XLT for 75 bucks!

[caption id="attachment_2773" align="alignright" width="490"]see? it fit nicely in the car! see? it fit nicely in the car![/caption]

It was a pleasant enough drive, although a 5 buck toll on the road that goes to Dulles International Airport seemed a bit steep to me, especially since there was another 1 dollar toll to get OFF of the road! WTF?  But the drive was pleasant, and even with the addition of the cost of the tolls - the price was great..

So, exercise wise - did I get home and jump on it? Of course not.. We had ERRANDS to run!!! Farmers markets.. Thrift Stores... All the fun times!  Saturday's exercise was walking, and enough was done that my foot was sore (although not agonizingly).  Did have some great finds, one of which will be useful if I do ever take up serious biking:

bikingshirt

I thought this was an incredible find for 6 bucks!  They also had a great motorcycle jacket that was my wife's size, but since she will never get on one - she didn't think it would be a good purpose..

2013-06-08 17.19.03

I checked out the inside of this book - and was surprised.. I was expecting a "how-to" on proper doping techniques to drastically improve your performance.. Nope.   Didn't even have instructions on how to badger other people into helping hide your doping...

So sunday, was even MORE walking and shopping!   Whole Foods, Trader Joe's a farmer's market at the Annapolis Mall (which we walked around the entire inside of - before finding out it is outside in the Orange Parking Garage...).

[caption id="attachment_2776" align="alignright" width="490"]This cracked me up.. I don't know why. This cracked me up.. I don't know why.[/caption]

We bought "Chard" - which we have never had.. I will let you know how we like it!

That brings us to this morning.. I had planned on running this morning, followed by a nice bowflex workout tonight!   I couldn't find my arm-band for my phone however.  See, I kind of invited some folks over for drinks and to hang out Friday night.. I kind of invited them - while we were at an "end of the year picnic" at the school that ended.. 30 minutes before the guests were coming..  So we got home and ran around cleaning like there was no tomorrow (which was nice when there WAS a tomorrow -as the house was already clean!  We got to skip the Saturday-morning house cleaning!) .. I knew my son had put my arm-band somewhere - just not where I thought...  I wasn't going to wake him up at 5:30 just to ask him that, so I did my bowflex workout this morning.

My arms were shaking!  Definitely going to be a good addition to my working out!  I suspect it is going to be drastically superior to my not-doing-any-upper-body-at-all routine!

If my foot is up to it - probably 3 miles tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Love your find at the thrift store. I need to start thrifting. People seem to be finding really nice things for cheap! I can't afford another $100 dress on either my card or my boyfriend's! LOL! :P

    Is the Bowflex just for upper body? That's a great way to get a back up when it's raining or the PF gets bad.

    And I love the color of your car! :D

    ReplyDelete