About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Thursday, June 6, 2013

#Junathon - Day 5 and 6 -Stretching, and a return to my normal pace.

So, I am again combining two days into one posting.. I'm such a slacker.  To be fair, I did set the tone with my first posting that was 2 days late and ended up covering 3 days.

Yesterday morning, I was simply too tired to be able to find the motivation to get up and out of bed to run.  This meant a nice evening run was in store - but my wife had to go see the doctor about some knee issues.. That turned yesterday's workout into stretching and foam rolling!

[caption id="attachment_2759" align="aligncenter" width="490"]picture from gypsy-fit! http://gypsy-fit.com/foam-roller-exercises/ picture from gypsy-fit!
http://gypsy-fit.com/foam-roller-exercises/[/caption]

I really need to do more foam-rolling...  Very nice, but not to interesting to blog about.. .so we will move on to this morning, which involved running!



So, this morning the alarm went off.. I was STILL exhausted and tired (I really need to learn to not drink coffee in the afternoon.. even in a meeting...) But since I had already skipped running the day before, I knew I had to get my butt up and go out there.  So I got dressed, went down stairs.. checked the news.. responded to emails.. and realized what I was doing. So I found  my headphones and stepped out side.

Today's goal? 3 miles.

66map

I went with my usual route around the neighborhood, and was pretty pleased with my 8:30 mile that Runtastic reported to me.  I was a bit nervous with 2 still ahead of me (remembering how tired I was last run,) but the second mile came in at 30 seconds faster than the first one!!  SWEET!!!!!!  I could feel my legs getting tired, but my feet were not reporting any Plantar Fascia problems of an immediate nature.. So I picked I t up a bit more and headed into my 3rd mile - 7;43!

66pace

[caption id="attachment_2762" align="alignright" width="240"]clifford Much scarier than this little red dog.[/caption]

There is no doubt I was tired.. as Soon as Runtastic finished reciting my stats, I went to a walk!

I do have to report one interesting instance.. I was running along and heard the fiercest sounding dog ever, and it was charging right at me across the yard!!!

Then the small red dog hit the "invisible fence" line, and stood and barked at me..  I think I lost 10 years off of my life!!! After catching my breath, I did go back to running.  Thankfully running helps to make the heart strong!

I got to work and sat through a long meeting.. After standing, my PF is definitely sore.. Some good liberal use of the footlog is definitely helping though!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment