About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Monday, May 16, 2011

Urge to run!

So it has now been one week since my calf got mad at me for running down a steep, long hill.  I have spent every day apologizing, sent flowers and chocolates and FINALLY it seems that it has forgiven me!  It stood up well to going hiking on Saturday, didn't get mad that it was forced to sleep in a sleeping bag and even maintained a certain level of contentedness with all of the walking I have done recently.

I read up on the results of the first annual Greater Binghamton Bridge Run - and Several of my friends ran and did quite well!  Chris Coleman came in at a very respectable 1:50:22 (I'm sure I could have done a 1:50:21....), Doug Russell came in at 2:30 (not bad at all for no training/preparation!) and Cathy Fairbanks came in a 2:22:01 - not bad for bad knees!  While I do wish I had been able to run it, I am glad I did not. Without my calf strain I would have finished it -but who knows if it would have caused me injury that could have hurt/prevented my Marine Corps Marathon run?

So, I am planning to do two or three miles tonight (probably three, as less than that seems like I am only doing a warm up), but plan on waiting until my wife is home - "Just in Case."

I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment