About Me

My photo
I am the father of two of the greatest kids ever, and am fortunate enough to have the most amazing woman as my wife! I am attempting to prove that "Once a Runner - Always a Runner"

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day of Rest

So yesterday was a rest day.  Seems odd to say that as I have just started regularly running again.  How can I need to rest, I've been resting for MONTHS!   But my legs have been letting me know that a rest-day was needed, especially in my calves!  I have to dress like a grown-up in my new job, so no VFFs at work.  Needless to say, having been wearing normal shoes made my calves REALLY surprised when I went for a run!

The other part that surprised me is I missed my run.  I'm still at the stage that running hurts, perhaps because I am running at a fairly decent pace for being out-of-shape.  I WANTED to run yesterday, but stuck with the planned rest.  I may not have liked it, but I'm sure my calves and other muscles did!

Tonight? I dodge trick-or-treaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment